Last Week

     This last week at ONU has made me anxious to leave. It seems like the only thing to think about is getting final projects and exams done and then leaving. It is hard to stay in the moment during dead week. There are some things that I just accept because there is only one week left, and I get the change of scenery. 

    I would say this year was a fun year overall. I was pretty bored not being able to play any sports, but other than that I had a good time hanging out with friends. The school part was obviously not super fun, but I had more time because of my injury. Now after this semester I won't have to take six classes ever again. 

    I am definitely looking forward to next year. If there are no setbacks then I will be able to hit and field in the fall for baseball, and I will get to live in a quad with my current roommate and a couple other friends. I also don't have to wake up super early for any classes, so I'll be able to sleep in or get a workout in before class. 

    This experience writing blogs hasn't been as bad as I thought. I usually don't enjoy writing, but when it is just about my life it is pretty easy. I got better as time went on even though I kind of ran out of things to talk about at the end. Writing a blog gave me a chance to reflect on what I've been doing and remind myself of what I wanted to do. 

     At first, this assignment didn't sound fun at all to me. But after completing it, it really wasn't that bad. I feel like writing a personal blog is a way to reflect on yourself and what you've done.



Comments

  1. I'm glad you still were able to make the best of this year without baseball and have fun with friends! I hope you have a fun summer and a great season next year when you are all healed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is weird when you think about how for the next two weeks we are stressed and then after that we are stress free. But I am glad to hear that you should be able to get back to doing what you love next year! I also enjoyed blogging way more than I thought I would.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also have many feelings about leaving! I am excited to go home and see all of my hometown friends and family, but I will miss my friends here. Surprisingly, I think I will miss this campus too! It is weird how you make this place your home over the years and then randomly up and leave. I am sorry you had an injury holding you back from playing this year, I know that sucks. I had to sit out of my junior year lax season in high school because I tore my LCL and fractured my tibia. Recovery sucks, but once you get to step onto the field again you will be so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It feels like class started just the other day. It's crazy how fast time flies. We're almost to move out day and it doesn't feel real. I'm glad this course treated you well as it did to me also. I cand relate to you when it comes to not being to excited about the class and some of the things that came with it but I had an overall great experience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I 100% agree with you when you say you are anxious to leave. This year has been so good to me and I've made many friends that I don't want to leave behind, even if it is just for the Summer. I wish you the best during this Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Going through an injury and having to sit on the sidelines is the worst, but when you come back it'll make you appreciate the sport so much more and remind you why you love it in the first place! And I totally agree being nervous to leave, I HATE going home for the summer because I don't want to leave my friends! I try to have something to look forward to every week to make it a little more bearable until we get to come back to Ada.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Progress- Looking Forward to Baseball

Spring Break Plans