Social Media Simternship

    Throughout our semester in Principles of Social Media class we have been completing a social media simternship. The simternship was basically a simulation where you acted as if you were running social media for a company. It went through different steps including OG content, paid social media posts and even negotiating deals with influencers. Lastly, the last few rounds put all of those together for the final test. 

    The simulation was 12 rounds long, and it scored how well you did each week by estimating the revenue and engagements that your content would have received if it was real. I thought this was a super unique assignment for school. I also liked how your grade was based off of your ranking in the class. If all school assignments were like that, I would have put in much more effort throughout the years. 

    Even though the sim isn't exactly what the real job would be like, I think it did a pretty good job of teaching you what it would be like. There were many different learning outcomes including watching the date to make sure your content is relevant to that time of year and checking your previous performance to see what social media platforms you generated the most revenue from. This made each week different so you couldn't have the exact same strategy for every week.

    Throughout my experience, it became a lot easier and quicker to complete. In the last few weeks, I was able to generate a ton of revenue while only taking 10-15 minutes. Obviously, it would take longer to complete social media posts in real life, but I guess the point of this simternship is to become comfortable with the process of posting.

    In the end, I'm glad this was an assignment for class. I feel like I learned a decent amount and it didn't take up too much of my time. I also thought it was cool to look at the results and see where I compared to the rest of the class. 

Comments

  1. I wish I had a similar experience to you. I felt like I was spending at minimum 30 minutes to complete a round and was still not super successful. I was overthinking it all for sure. I think I could've earned more money if I was more relaxed about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also liked how our grades were based on what rank we were. It made me feel like I had more control on how I performed. Sometimes I felt like when I put a lot of time into it I did not perform well. I'm not really sure how it is evaluated but overall I had fun doing it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Progress- Looking Forward to Baseball

Last Week

Spring Break Plans