Progress- Looking Forward to Baseball

 

    It has been hard not to think about hitting or throwing baseballs. Now that it is getting closer to the time where I start to actually do stuff, I'm definitely getting anxious. Especially with baseball season going on and watching the Reds almost daily, it makes me want to get out there even more.

    As my elbow gets a little bit better, I find that I can do some little things that I wasn't able to before. I've always practiced my swing with my hands when I'm bored, so it's nice that I can at least do that now. I'm always trying to see how I can improve my swing, even now. I love watching the swings of MLB players and trying to see what I can incorporate into my own swing. Thinking about that makes me want to go out there and try it, but I have to be patient. 

    I'm glad I got the surgery when I did because the time frame works out to where I had no chance to return this year but safely return next year. Knowing myself, I would've lied and said I felt great just to get back out there and make an impact. But, in this situation I don't have the option to do that.

    I'm definitely going to try and make some mental changes when I finally do get to play again. Obviously, I will appreciate the game more since it will have been a long time, but I will also trust myself and try not to be so quick to change something after I get out. With baseball, there is so much failure, especially with hitting. I tend to think that there is always a reason that I get out and try to fix it. However, if I just trust my swing and approach, hopefully I won't lose confidence as easily.

    It's going to feel like a fresh start for me, and I just have to stay in the moment and focus on what I can control. I totally believe in myself making a significant impact next year, and that's the only way I'm going to make one. I'm going to aim as high as I can.



Comments

  1. I am so glad that you are able to have a positive mindset about your injury. I did gymnastics through high school and had countless injuries, so I know how hard it can be to just let yourself have time to heal. Good luck next season!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mindset is great given the circumstances you are facing. I bet you feel anxious to get out there again but you being able to trust yourself will go a long way on the road to recovering. Setting your goals is essential to being able to reach them. Just keep pushing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great that you are starting to be able to do more with your arm after surgery! You talking about practicing your swing made me immediately think back to last year when Remi and I would be laughing at Robbie because he would randomly start practicing his swing in our mirror in our dorm room. I hope you continue to get better and stronger so you're ready for next year's season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're going to be back and better than ever next season. With your new bionic arm, you might be able to touch 100... I can't wait to see how much you progress next season and am thrilled to see how well the surgery worked out for you. Proud of all the work you have put in to healing. Let's ride next season.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Last Week

Spring Break Plans