No Days Off

    The past couple weeks have been really busy for me. From all of the schoolwork, exams, my internship and keeping up with workouts. Starting my internship has been fun but also has taken a lot of time including training. I had to miss Micro four times because of it and that really put me behind. We had an exam the week I was able to come to class again, so trying to catch up was quite difficult. Mixed in with all of that, I worked every day the past couple of weekends, which felt weird not having any breaks. 

    The good thing, however, is the tough stretch is mostly over for me. I won't have to miss any more class and the Reds are away for the next couple weekends. It also helps that school assignments are starting to wind down after a tough stretch of work. 

    I realized that thankfully it will be a lot easier in the summer because I won't have to worry about school and work at the same time. Another good thing that should happen in the summer is I should be able to resume baseball activities. It's been really hard not to think about it, but I am so ready to get back out there even if it is just practicing.

    Going back to the Reds internship, I will say it is super cool to work at Great American Ball Park though. Being able to clock out when I get off early and just watch the game is pretty awesome so I can't complain. It is also getting easier as I become better friends with the other interns. 

    In the end, this busy stretch is an important learning experience for me. I'm sure I'll be even busier when I get a full-time job. I've had to balance a lot my whole life between sports and school, so I believe that I am prepared for whatever comes at me. 



Comments

  1. I can totally relate to this blog, mine was similar to this for the week. It is the point of the semester where everyone is very busy and stressed. Your internship sounds so cool and fun though! And at least you have the right mindset, because we will be prepared for any type of workload in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It feels like the past week or two have been way more stressful than usual. That sucks that you had to miss class because of your internship, but on the bright side it looks like you have the perfect internship for you, Drew!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Progress- Looking Forward to Baseball

Last Week

Spring Break Plans