Spring Break Plans

     This spring break is unique for me, because it will be the only spring break ever without baseball for me. All throughout high school we played baseball during break and were never allowed to go somewhere. Last year at ONU I went to Florida with the team. But this year there is no point in me going because I can't do anything. So I have the freedom to do whatever I want for my only real spring break.

    I didn't even think about this until right before my surgery. Thankfully I brought it up right as my friends were making plans and I was able to get in on the trip. All ten of us finally decided to rent out a cabin in Gatlinburg and we're staying there from Sunday-Thursday. There are many things that I am excited about for the break.

    First, it will be very nice not to have to worry about school for a week. Second, I'm super excited to spend time with my friends. This will be my first vacation without any parents there so it should be interesting. The only thing that sucks is that I can't play golf with my friends because of my elbow. But other than that, I have no complaints. 

    The perk of a four-day vacation instead of the whole week is that I get to be home for a few days as well. I get to see my sister who lives in Chicago now, which will be nice. It will just be super nice to chill out and forget about school.

    Overall, nothing crazy is planned but I know I'll get to spend a lot of time with some fun people and that's all that matters. The optimistic way to look at this situation is that if I'm hurt, I might as well have fun and not let the injury stop me. 

    Obviously, I'd rather be out there playing baseball, but in the end, this is a pretty good backup plan. 



Comments

  1. Drew, I grew up with a similar experience. I did gymnastics until I graduated from high school and we always had competitions during spring break. I have only been somewhere during spring break once in my life and I was very young. Unfortunately, I do not have a fun vacation planned with all of my friends. I plan on sleeping in, shopping and going to the gym! Have a fun vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to Tennessee for my senior trip this past summer. And it is fun being able to plan a trip alone with your friends without the influence of parents. It was nice to be able to do what we wanted to do rather than having to do whatever your parents want. I would have to agree as this being a pretty nice backup plan!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Progress- Looking Forward to Baseball

Last Week