Preparing for Reds Opening Day

     After a couple busy weeks of training combined with schoolwork, baseball and traveling it is finally time for opening day. I've been waiting for the MLB season to start as a fan and as an intern, so I am super excited for baseball to start. 

    Even though the training days weren't terrible for my internship, they were pretty long and boring. The worst part was when I had to sit on zoom for two of the days, it got very boring sitting in the same spot for hours. The actual information was interesting and helped me feel more comfortable heading into opening day. 

    There are many unique parts to working for the Reds, but one that stands out as a new intern is that the busiest day is the first day. The interns are thrust into the action without having any experience. Thankfully, our team leaders understand that we may not know exactly what to do and will help us out. 

    As a Reds fan, this year has the potential to be very exciting with all of the young talent our team has. Although we've had some key players go down in spring training, we still have plenty of talent to carry our team. I can't wait to be able to watch the Reds pretty much every day until October.

    As for my internship role, I'm super excited to get the opportunity to work for my favorite team. I am ready to acquire as much knowledge as I can and be open to whatever they ask from me. I think I have an advantage because I know and care so much about the Reds. It was surprising to me to find out there was a decent amount of people in the internship that aren't fans of the Reds or baseball in general. 

    In the end, it almost feels like a holiday in Cincinnati and for me. This will also help distract me from my injury and give me something to think about. It ended up working out perfectly because I can go work weekends now that I can't actually play baseball this year. With the hiring of myself, there's no way the Reds don't win the World Series.

Comments

  1. I agree with you 100% Drew, I cannot wait. Finally though, it's here! Sadly though it is probably going to be another year as a sad Tigers fan. I agree that the Reds have a lot of talent, especially young talent like Elly De La Cruz.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Progress- Looking Forward to Baseball

Last Week

Spring Break Plans