My Thoughts on X and what the Future Holds

     I still don't know if I will ever actually call it X. Many people feel the same way, it is almost unprecedented that an app which has been around for a while and is popular has had a name change so abruptly. I don't even remember seeing anything about it before it happened. All I remember was opening my phone and seeing some weird app in Twitter's place. 

    Elon Musk does many out of the ordinary things, with changing the name to X being the par for the course. At the surface level, it seems pointless to change the name of an app that is already as established as Twitter was. But, after looking at Musk's future vision for X, you could make a case for it making sense. He wants the app to be the hub for pretty much anything on the internet. Whether that is transactions or social media. Now, that is a lofty expectation but if X is somehow able to get on that path, changing the name could force people to be more open minded. 

    Most social media users would laugh at Twitter being the hub of the internet. That's because everyone already knows what Twitter is and it had pretty much reached its peak. But if you told someone that X is the hub of the internet it doesn't sound as unlikely. Obviously, there is a long way to go for any of this to come true, but a name change may be an important first step in a new identity. 

    For the future of X, it could go many ways. I haven't noticed too many changes other than buying a subscription for a blue check mark. However, it should be an interesting situation to watch fold out. There is always the possibility that it just stays the same as Twitter, but there is the chance that Musk stays true to his vision. 

    For me, I pretty much use X as my news app. My for you page has a variety of different things that I'm interested in, and I am able to see updates whenever I want. That is one of many ways to use the app, but that's always how I've used it. 

    In the end, it all comes down to what Elon Musk is able to do. But it is clear he isn't afraid to risk it all to become the best. But that could very well be the reason X falls off. Only time will tell what happens. 

Comments

  1. I think Elon has more in-store for X. He's a mastermind and there's got to be more up his sleeve that he's ready to take action upon. I do think that the subscription thing for the check mark is unnecessary. It takes the value away from it since anyone can buy it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Progress- Looking Forward to Baseball

Last Week

Spring Break Plans