Marketing With Snapchat Along With Fun Facts

     Snapchat took over the younger generations shortly after its release in 2011. It is interesting to me that three guys founded it in college. I can't imagine what that must have been like for those guys. Now that Snapchat has been around for a while, it's weird to see that it was originally named "Picaboo". There are many other interesting facts about Snapchat and ways to market using the app.

    It makes sense that it is most popular among the 18-24 age group by a longshot. I don't think I know one person in our age group that doesn't have Snapchat. Even if you don't snap people or post on your story, almost everyone uses it to text each other or use group chats. It was surprising to me to see that India was the number one country for Snapchat, while the U.S was number two.

    Snapchat is the place to market if your target market consists of 18-24-year old's. The ads on Snapchat receive more visual attention than any of the other popular social media sites. Another surprising statistic is that 76% of snapchat users purchased a product online in the last month. For me, I never even look at the ads on Snapchat, so this seems crazy to me.

    Snapchat gained even more attention when COVID-19 took over the world. Their engagement and activity went up across the board. Snapchat took advantage of the overflow of users and were able to keep them even past COVID-19. 

    The future of Snapchat is hard to predict. Since it is so focused on the 18-24 generation, they could be vulnerable as we get older. However, that doesn't mean the next generation won't be obsessed with Snapchat the same way. It will be something to keep an eye on. 

    In the end, Snapchat is a very unique social media app. This opens doors for unique ways to advertise. I am very interested to see if I'm still using Snapchat in the next 5-10 years, along with my generation. It is a challenge that Snapchat will have to overcome if they want to stay in the position that they're in right now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Progress- Looking Forward to Baseball

Last Week

Spring Break Plans