Live Tweeting Assignment

    Last Friday our class completed a live tweeting assignment where we picked a speaker of our choice during the social media workshop to tweet about. This was a unique assignment and experience. I had never tweeted much before this, so it felt unusual using the post button. I am going to overview my experience with this assignment and what I thought was interesting about it. 

    First, I like how we only had to tweet during one of the speakers. This gave everyone flexibility throughout the day on when they wanted to do the assignment. For me, I wanted to wait for a couple of speakers so I could figure out how long they spoke or what I would maybe tweet if they were my speaker. Once I felt comfortable and ready to go, I decided to go for it on the third speaker. 

    The speaker was Colin Wylie, who talked about branding from a company's perspective. Colin works at Ohio State University with the social media team. It was very interesting to hear from his point of view when he talked about social media. I hadn't really thought of it much through the business perspective, so it was different for me. 

    The live tweeting part wasn't too hard because he had so many great pieces of information. I could easily wait a few minutes between each post, and I would have something new to tweet about. I basically tried to summarize what Colin was saying but not go too much in depth because of the character limit. 

    I think the hardest part of live tweeting is forgetting what was just said. While in the process of writing, he was obviously still talking, so that can be distracting when I'm writing my tweet. To go along with that, you can't go back and check to see what he said before because this is live and in-person. Usually when I'm summarizing content for school, it comes from a video where I can pause and go back as much as I'd like. 

    In the end, I think I would be better at live tweeting if I tried again. I still feel like I did a good job, but we naturally get better at things when we do them more than once. 



Comments

  1. I also do not normally use Twitter so it was definitely weird to be on the app posting so much throughout the workshop! It was for sure not an average assignment we would typically get in other classes, but I think that made it more fun! I thought that I was a lot more attentive to the session that I was live-tweeting throughout because I was so focused on taking in so much information to post. Colin's session was very informative and I'm sure it made it really easy for you to live Tweet throughout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tweeted before this assignment. I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would, and I agree that it was not too hard. The hardest part was the multi tasking aspect of it. I also liked that we had to only do one (even though I had to do it twice). It offered variety when it came to we all did not do the same person.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Progress- Looking Forward to Baseball

Last Week

Spring Break Plans