Cincinnati Reds Internship for the Summer

     I just got the news today I was offered a position for the Reds ticketing/gameday internship program for this MLB season. I applied last year for one remaining spot but didn't get it. This year, I applied on time and was more prepared for the interviews. Working for my favorite team is something that sounded so cool to me and would be an ideal spot for my career. Although this is a great start, I'll have to work hard to work my way up.

    I got the call today, and I really thought I had a fifty-fifty shot at earning a position. I'm pretty sure that most interns they hire are already out of college or at least have more experience than I do. I am very excited to get the opportunity to learn more about what goes on when you work for the Reds. 

    A couple things that seem crazy to me is that I have the same work schedule as the team I watch every day. Another thing is that technically the Reds owner is my boss, which is pretty cool. I don't exactly know what to expect for this internship, but I'm going to think it's so cool working at Great American Ballpark either way. 

    One thing that seems silly to be worried about is wondering if I'll still be able to watch the games when I'm there. Hopefully I can at least glance up at the TV. If you can't tell, I am an absolute diehard Reds fan. Working in the environment of where I always wanted to be in may not be as good as playing, but it's the next closest thing. 


    There are so many different things I want to learn from working with the Reds and hopefully this is just the start. Who knows, maybe I'll magically become the GM. It would be very hard for me not to sign myself as a player, however. Anyways, it's a relief off of my back to have this internship set up and to know that I'm on the path I want to be. It is a weird but great feeling to be excited for a job. I'm sure it'll be a lot of time and hard work, but I don't care because it's for the Reds. Living in Cincinnati also gives me an advantage.

    
In the end, this is just the beginning. I'm excited for the road ahead and I'm excited to watch the Reds win the 2024 World Series.

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Progress- Looking Forward to Baseball

Last Week

Spring Break Plans