Boring Couple of Weeks

 

    The last few weeks have felt almost the exact same. The only time when things are different is the weekend. I guess this is how life is most of the time, but it's more obvious right now. I guess I feel this way because of what I do after school during the week. Pretty much every day I work out after class, go to practice for a bit if it's during the afternoon, work on homework and eat, then play videogames. 

    I'm not saying it's a bad thing to be in a routine, but after a while it starts to become a drag. This gives me a lot of reasons to be excited for spring break and getting a reset. My friends and I are going to a cabin near Gatlinburg by ourselves so that is going to be an awesome time. Even though I've been bored, at least there are a lot of things for me to look forward to. 

    With baseball season coming up for ONU it is tough watching others get excited. My brain wants to get excited but then I realize that I can't really impact the team at all this year. It's almost penciled into the back of my mind when I'm on campus. I realized that after I got back from visiting friends at OSU this past weekend. I felt normal again instead of just being the hurt guy. 

    The good thing about realizing you're bored is that there are plenty of ways to fix that. I know that I can find some different things to do during the week if I want to. I guess I'm just not very good at it because I have never not played a sport during any season of my life. Usually, I would go play some pickup basketball or golf with friends, but I can't do that yet. 

    I just have to get through these boring times and maybe gain a new hobby while I'm at it. Getting into the habit of looking at the bright side of situations is definitely a good mindset to have. There will inevitably be bad situations that you can't control, but there will also always be positives to take from them. 

    In the end, it's hard to write about having a few boring weeks because of course it is. I guess writing my perspective down may help me out. One thing I always think about is that things could always be a lot worse. 

Comments

  1. This is very relatable. These past few weeks have been a drag for me as well. I know exactly what you mean about benign the “hurt guy”. My senior year I sprained my wrist in a couple of places during softball and I was beyond frustrated — then two weeks later pulled my bicep. So I can relate to that feeling. But, like you mentioned, spring break is soon and it sounds like you have a fun week planned with your friends in Gatlinburg!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Progress- Looking Forward to Baseball

Last Week

Spring Break Plans