High School Friends and ONU Friends Crossover Episode


    This past weekend I was fortunate enough to have eight of my friends visit from out of town. This was a very cool experience for me because none of my friends from home knew my friends from college. I was extremely interested to see them interact because it is almost like my two lives colliding for a weekend. 

    I was also excited to show them what it's like to live in Ada. They were pleasantly surprised by the campus, but it was funny watching them look at the Door Dash app only to find Subway and McDonald's. I thought it was crazy how I could barely think of a couple places to take them for food even though they were only here for 24 hours. 

    When everyone was together later, they got along great. It was cool to see the interactions, although it was hard at first for people to remember names. Of all the nights at ONU, this might be my favorite one. It is tough to say because there have been a lot of fun nights, but this one was very unique.

    It is so rare to have the people you grew up with your whole life all in the same room as the totally separate friends that you met in college. Luckily, I was able to appreciate that opportunity. My high school friends said they had a great time and would love to come back, which may not be what you expect from a college in the middle of nowhere. 

    After reflecting on it, it showed me how both groups of friends are great and how much I appreciate all of them. It also reminded me how lucky I am to meet the people I've met and stay in touch with those at different colleges.





Comments

  1. I've never related so much when it comes to the transition between high school friends and my college friends. They're almost the same people at home then they are here. It's crazy to sit and think about how scared we were about finding our group of people coming to college and now it's like everything happened so fast and you feel like you skipped that stage of trying to find your people. It just naturally happens. Great blog post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Progress- Looking Forward to Baseball

Last Week

Spring Break Plans