Chapter 12 - Useful Blog Tips and Facts


     In the intro to this chapter, it was very surprising to me to see that 77% of internet users read blogs. Personally, I haven't read many blogs outside of this class before, so I wasn't expecting the number to be as high as it was. The chart that includes the different types of popular blog categories made more sense to me. I realized that I hadn't considered all of the popular blogs and topics that were directed at a certain group of people.

When looking at the benefits of blogging for business's, one that stood out to me was the way it humanizes the brand. Blogging gives the company a way to be more casual. Most business posts are professional and may not connect with most people. But those companies who are able to generate lots of interaction on their blogs receive a significant amount of attention. 

One of the difficulties of blogging that I agree with is the continuous flow of content. You have to be able to catch the readers eye in the first place, then you have to keep them by coming up with more content. It may be easy to think of things to write about at first, but there will most likely be a point where the content seems forced, and you lose interest from readers.

Of the 5 tips for getting started with blogging, I think setting a target market is the most important. If your target market isn't defined in your mind then you will struggle to send a clear message or generate interest from popular groups. I think you could have different posts with different target markets, but the importance of setting your market before you create a post is helpful.

The structure of writing a good blog resonates with writing a story. You want the intro first, followed by the main body and conclusion. Although it may seem obvious, it is still important to keep in the back of your mind when writing.

In the end, blogging is not something you can be successful at by blindly writing things that you think are interesting. There is a lot of thought and planning that goes into blog posts and accounts. Some businesses have been able to take advantage of the opportunity, while some have failed to consider the best ways to reach audiences.

Charello, M. (2020). Essentials of social media marketing, Chapter 12, Blogs, Vlogs, Podcasts and Webinars. Stukent Publishing.

Comments

  1. This is very useful information. I posted a similar blog and am happy to say that I do agree with a lot of what you talk about. I completely get where your coming from when you bring up the difficulty of have a consistent flow in your blog. I struggled with that in my first post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Progress- Looking Forward to Baseball

Last Week

Spring Break Plans